Teledentistry Services Fort Lauderdale, FL
Get the dental consultation you need from a distance with a virtual dental visit. Dr. Charmaine Johnson at Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale offers teledentistry as a convenient service to patients who have a dental emergency, oral health concern, or curiosity about cosmetic dentistry.
How Teledentistry Works
You have heard of Teladoc health services, you may have even used them yourself to get a medical opinion, prescription, or mental health appointment. Teledentistry works the same way. Your dentist uses audio and video technology to provide a virtual level of dental care.
All the data is encrypted in a teledentistry call. Sessions are anonymous and information is not digitally stored. Premier Smile Center and Dr. Johnson adhere to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy agreements. You don’t even have to sign up for an account. As a patient, you simply go to the URL your provider sends you and check into the waiting room. All you need is a computer, tablet, or mobile device with camera and microphone enabled to participate in teledentistry.
Is Teledentistry Right for You?
Many things can be accomplished during a teledentistry visit, and you can also enjoy the beauty of a reduced wait time, but it’s important to understand that there are also limitations because your Fort Lauderdale dentist’s work is mostly hands-on. A virtual dental visit can be the right choice for your oral health needs if you fit into any of the following categories:
- You have a dental emergency. Or, at least, you think you might have a dental emergency. If you have suffered a blow to the mouth and are bleeding profusely, with or without tooth pain, your dentist can assess the situation via video to determine whether you need to be seen right away. Always assume that an oral health concern is urgent and allow your dentist to make the call about whether something is an emergency.
- You have dental anxiety. A virtual meeting allows patients who are fearful about going to the dentist to ask questions about what’s ahead and have their worries reduced. You can find out how long a procedure might take, learn about pain relief and sedation dentistry options, get to know your dentist better, and simply become more comfortable with what’s ahead.
- You’re interested in a smile makeover. Cosmetic dentistry is not usually something that happens on a whim. If you’re ready to upgrade the appearance of your teeth, this is a move that is made over several dental visits. Start the conversation online with your Fort Lauderdale cosmetic dentist so you can learn more about porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, Invisalign, and any other procedure.
- You need to stay home. Professional teeth cleanings and check-ups must happen in your dentist’s office, but if you have a compromised immune system or health condition that puts you at higher risk when out in public, your dentist will meet with you on the computer or phone instead to discuss your dental questions. This is a great time to get clarity on infection control procedures so you can feel safe when you do visit the office in person.
- You can’t make it to the office. Arranging childcare, taking time off work, figuring out transportation – for many patients, there are a lot of variables in play when trying to figure out how to make it to the dentist. If you want to learn more about a dental procedure as efficiently and conveniently as possible, teledentistry is a great resource.
Schedule a Virtual Call with Your Fort Lauderdale Dentist
No definitive diagnosis can be given during a teledentistry appointment, but you and Dr. Johnson can discuss your circumstances and options and get you prepared for an in-office appointment. Teledentistry consultations are available from 9 a.m to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, though this schedule is subject to change.
Contact Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to learn more about our teledentistry service and whether it is right for your oral health needs.