Invisalign for Adults
Adults who want straight teeth usually do not want the obligation or attention-grabbing nature of conventional metal braces to get in their way. Enter Invisalign. This orthodontic alternative delivers strong, aligned smiles using discreet, clear aligners. Dr. Charmaine Johnson is a certified Invisalign provider at Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale who creates customized Invisalign treatment plans for qualified patients.
Invisalign Fits Easily Into Your Schedule
Any sort of long-term dental treatment comes with a time commitment. Invisalign is no different. But while these clear trays require daily attention, they are hardly as demanding as metal braces. Here is what you can expect:
- Aligners must be worn 20 to 22 hours a day. You’ll remove the trays for meals, snacks, and cleaning, and otherwise they’re in your mouth doing their important work. Easy.
- You’ll only need to see your Fort Lauderdale Invisalign provider every 6 to 8 weeks for a brief check-up of your progress and to collect new trays (far less frequent than braces wearers).
- Aligners are switched every 2 weeks, with each set designed to move certain teeth at certain times per your customized treatment plan.
- A full course of Invisalign takes an average of 12 months to complete but could take less time depending on the complexity of your case.
If you consider Invisalign for adults an investment in yourself and a safeguard against complications with your future oral health, it does not really require much time at all.
Benefits of Invisalign for Adults
There are plenty of benefits to be had – during and after treatment – when it comes to Invisalign for adults:
- They’re clear. The subtlety of Invisalign for adults is the biggest draw. They’re nearly impossible to detect on the teeth so no one needs to know you’re wearing the trays – that means no interrupting work life, social life, personal life, or photos.
- It’s easy to clean your teeth. This may not seem like such a big perk, but ask any braces-wearer and they’ll tell you that cleaning in between brackets and wires can be a big pain. Just remove Invisalign, brush and floss thoroughly as normal, and clean your trays too.
- They’re comfortable. Your trays are doing the big job of moving your teeth so there will occasionally be pressure and discomfort to endure, like when you put in new trays. The smooth, thin aligners though do not snag your lips or cheeks like brackets, making them far more comfortable.
- No restrictions. You can continue to eat every food you love and enjoy your favorite adult beverages when you wear Invisalign because the trays are removed for all meals, snacks, and drinks besides water.
- You’ll have healthier teeth. When you have straight teeth it is easier to get in between them to brush and floss without missing any spots. You’ll have a lower risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
Are You a Good Candidate for Invisalign for Adults?
Many people assume they aren’t a good candidate for Invisalign because of the nature of their misalignment. This high-performing treatment, though, can typically correct all the same problems as conventional braces, from overbites to spacing, crooked teeth to open bites.
Let your Fort Lauderdale Invisalign provider tell you for sure if this treatment is right for you. After conducting a dental exam and taking digital photos of your mouth using a state-of-the-art scanner, it will be clear to your dentist whether you will benefit from Invisalign for adults.
This orthodontic alternative is convenient, affordable, and fast and gently moves your teeth into alignment until you have a beautiful, straight smile. Schedule a consultation at Premier Smile Center to learn more.