You want straight teeth, but you don’t want braces. Enter Invisalign. The only question now is whether this innovative treatment is right for you. At Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale, certified provider Dr. Charmaine Johnson offers consultations to patients who are interested in this cosmetic upgrade and want to know if they’re a qualified Invisalign candidate.
Problems Invisalign Can Correct
Invisalign can correct nearly every alignment problem that traditional metal braces can fix, including:
- Open bites
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
Each patient’s circumstances are different. Your Fort Lauderdale Invisalign provider will conduct a thorough exam and take x-rays and 3D images to get a full picture of your existing alignment and determine whether Invisalign is the best route to get the results you want.
Reasons People Want to Get Invisalign
Invisalign has opened the orthodontic landscape to millions of people who would never have otherwise bothered with aligning their smile. Whether teen or adult, everyone’s reasons for pursuing Invisalign treatment is personal, but everyone reaps the same benefits, including:
- Invisibility: One of the biggest reasons people want Invisalign is because it’s discreet. No one ever needs to know you’re wearing the super-thin, super-snug, clear aligners. They don’t draw attention to themselves and remain out of the spotlight if you keep them clean.
- Freedom: Need a break from your braces for a few minutes? Your trays come off when you need them to (though hopefully not for too long – you still need to wear them 20 to 22 hours a day). Time for a meal? Invisalign must come off your teeth, but that’s great because you have no food restrictions and can eat whatever you want unlike people with conventional metal braces.
- Comfort: Braces are doing hard work all the time, so you will feel pressure and some discomfort as you adjust to your Invisalign trays. However, the aligners are otherwise smooth, so they don’t snag on your lips, cheeks, or gums like the brackets and wires of traditional braces.
- Speed: Invisalign treatment takes, on average, about a year to complete. Some people need more time than that to complete their wear, others need less. Every case is different, but ultimately Invisalign takes around half the time of conventional braces.
- Improved oral health: Straightening your smile in any way creates healthier teeth and gums. It’s simply easier to clean your mouth when your teeth are straight, which means fewer cavities and other dental problems, and less dental work necessary down the road.
What Type of Invisalign Is Right for You?
If your Fort Lauderdale Invisalign provider determines that you’re a good Invisalign candidate, you will discuss which type of treatment is right for you. There are several different methods, including:
- Invisalign Full: This is the most common method and aligns both the top and bottom teeth completely. The Full treatment takes about a year to complete but this number can vary depending on the complexity of your case.
- Invisalign Lite: Have a few spaces, crooked teeth, or overcrowding that are marring your whole smile? Lite treatment is only about six months and gets the job done.
- Invisalign Express: If you relapsed from previous orthodontic treatment (gotta wear that retainer!) or have minor spacing issues, Express can make the adjustments in three to six months.
- Invisalign Teen: Designed just for adolescents, these trays make room for teeth that have yet to erupt and are equipped with wear indicators that let your Invisalign provider know the trays are being worn properly.
Get Invisalign in Fort Lauderdale
Are you a good Invisalign candidate? There’s only one way to find out. Schedule a consultation with certified Invisalign provider Dr. Charmaine Johnson at Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale. Contact us today to learn more.