Most people associate porcelain crowns with root canal therapy where the infected tooth is treated and a crown is customized to fit on top and protect the tooth from further problems. This isn’t all a crown can do. In fact, this treatment is one of the most versatile and effective options available when it comes to cosmetic upgrades or dental restorations.
Create Cosmetic Masterpieces
When you need a smile makeover, you may think your only options include porcelain veneers or professional teeth whitening. While these options are certainly effective and recommended for the right patient, don’t overlook the beauty of porcelain crowns.
Whether a tooth is stained, discolored, or misshapen, it’s less-than-perfect appearance can be hidden with a customized dental crown. The cap shields everything you dislike about the tooth and makes it look natural so it blends into the rest of your smile.
Deliver Dental Restorations
Our teeth can endure a lot and withstand incredible pressure and temperatures. But when you need a dental repair, you want the most robust option you can find. For many patients, this is a dental crown and here’s why:
- Serious tooth decay: Cavities can occur even if you take good care of your teeth, but when you don’t tend to your oral health diligently or see your Fort Lauderdale dentist regularly, there is a good chance you’ll end up with extensive tooth decay. When the decay is so pervasive that a large part of the tooth must be removed, a porcelain crown is a tougher repair than a tooth-colored filling.
- Dental damage: When dental damage occurs because of teeth grinding, a blow to the mouth, or otherwise, the problems this creates need to be fixed to ensure that greater issues don’t develop. Putting a dental crown on top of a compromised tooth creates a tough smile that can successfully battle dental damage.
- Weak teeth: Some people have naturally weak tooth enamel that makes them more susceptible to cavities and other oral health infections. For teeth that regularly suffer from complications, strategically placed porcelain crowns reinforce the tooth and create the strength that’s need to make teeth tough and strong.
Easily Replace Worn Out Repairs
Porcelain crowns are designed to last for decades, but wear and tear, a great love of acidic foods and drinks, and teeth grinding can contribute to the deterioration of even the strongest restoration. Thankfully, a crown can be easily replaced. You’ll know this needs to happen if you experience any of the following problems:
- The tooth aches.
- Your bite is off.
- Swelling or inflammation around the tooth.
- Gum recession on the tooth.
- Dental trauma, injury, or damage.
Get a Customized Porcelain Crown
Porcelain crowns can cover, restore, protect, conceal, hide, and bulk up teeth. This versatile dental restoration can beautify and repair teeth simultaneously. If you are interested in learning more about customized dental crowns, schedule a consultation with Dr. Charmaine Johnson at Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale.