Missing all the teeth from the top or bottom of your mouth is problematic for a host of reasons. Your appearance, of course, is compromised. How you speak is affected. You will not be able to bite and chew normally. All these realities mean that your self-esteem takes a major hit too. Find your confidence again – quickly – with teeth in a day from your Fort Lauderdale dentist.
Getting New Teeth in One Day Is Possible
The first question any patient has when they learn about the teeth in a day, same-day dental implants procedure is: “Can I really get new teeth in just one day?” The answer is yes, with shades of gray.
You can’t go to your Fort Lauderdale dentist and walk out the same day with new teeth with this procedure. You can, however, get the process started and walk out with temporary teeth once your dental implants are in place. Here’s the scoop:
- Dental exam: The first thing your dentist does is review your oral health, measure bone density, take x-rays, and collect other information to find out if you’re a good candidate for teeth in a day.
- Implant surgery: If you are a good candidate for same-day dental implants, an appointment will be scheduled for your implant surgery. This is when the dentist will place four to eight implants in your jawbone.
- Temporary teeth: Your procedure is not quite complete after the implants are in place. At that surgical visit, temporary teeth will be attached to the implants. So, on surgery day, you will leave the dentist’s office with new teeth.
- Permanent teeth: It will take several months for the surgical areas to fully heal, but that entire time your smile will be complete and fully functional. Once the implant has integrated into the jawbone and stabilized, temporary teeth will be removed, permanent restorations will be attached – usually using fixed porcelain bridges – and you will have natural-looking, normal teeth that work flawlessly.
So, yes, you can get teeth in a day – they’re just not permanent right away. And if you’ve been missing a lot of teeth for a long time, this is a near-immediate solution that looks and feels amazing.
Other Ways to Restore Missing Teeth
Teeth in a day dental implants are designed to replace all the missing teeth in either a person’s upper or lower jaw. But this procedure is not your only option when it comes to filling the holes in your smile.
- All-On-4 dental implants: When you want to avoid the cost and time of bone grafting, All-On-4 dental implants can be the right choice. This procedure is the implantation of four dental implants and then a fixed set of customized teeth are attached to the implants for a permanent solution.
- Implant-support dentures: Patients who are tired of wearing dentures often find that implant-supported dentures are the right solution for them. These removable dentures snap in and out, but they do not cover the palate and are far more secure than conventional dentures.
Get the Right Smile Makeover for Your Oral Health
You don’t have to live with a broken-down smile or missing teeth. Dental implants can work for so many patients, and there are varieties within the dental implant family that make them a versatile and workable solution.
Schedule a consultation with Premier Smile Center in Fort Lauderdale to find out whether Teeth-in-a-Day or another dental implant solution is right for you. There is always a way to fix your smile.
Everything I have had done at Premier Smile Center has been top-notch. The treatment I received was thorough, precise and extremely professional. I never felt like just another patient because they took the time to listen to my concerns. They addressed my issues and we agreed on the treatment plan together.
The staff is very friendly, warm and extremely knowledgeable. I felt relaxed and comfortable knowing I chose the right place to get the dental work I needed. Dr. Johnson is very humane and very knowledgeable, and she does amazing work. I like the friendliness and honesty of the whole practice. I was not confident with my smile, in fact I was very self conscious and rarely smiled. Premier Smile Center has changed all that. My smile is one of the things I like the most.