Sooner rather than later – we hope – there will be a time when we no longer need to wear masks. What kind of smile will be revealed when you finally have such freedom? If you aren’t proud of the teeth underneath your mask, if you’ve actually been a little relieved to hide your teeth behind a mask these many months, it may be time to ask yourself if you’re due for a customized smile makeover.
Make Mini Smile Tweaks
You don’t have to do a complete overhaul of your teeth to fit in the smile makeover category. If there are elements of your smile that have been bugging you for a long time, correcting them will make you feel refreshed and feel better about your smile.
- Professional teeth whitening can be a one-visit cosmetic dentistry treatment that makes your smile multiple shades whiter. Or, choose take-home whitening trays so you can brighten your teeth on your own time in your own space. It takes a little longer, but the results are just as brilliant.
- Tooth-colored fillings do more than just correct cavities. This procedure can easily and quickly fill gapped teeth or whiten a discolored tooth for a major smile change.
Do a Major Overhaul
Some cosmetic dentistry procedures are a little more involved and invasive, but the smile makeover results are stunning and truly life changing. Just one or two visits to your Fort Lauderdale dentist and these treatments can make all the difference in your smile.
- If you have short teeth or a gummy smile, cosmetic gum recontouring is the lasering away of excess gum tissue. The procedure is permanent and a quick and precise editing of the gum line.
- Porcelain veneers correct every aesthetic complaint you have about your smile, concealing chips, cracks, stains, discoloration, gaps, misalignment, and more for a perfect smile.
- There are many treatments that make a big dent in a smile flaw that could be right for you, like dental implants or dental bridges for missing teeth, porcelain crowns for damaged or deteriorating teeth, or Invisalign or FastBraces for a straight smile.
Be Prepared to Reveal a New You
Depending on the kind of work you do, maybe you haven’t been hiding your smile for over a year around the people who know you best. In fact, maybe your smile has been front and center more than ever because you’ve been a talking head on Zoom or FaceTime. Have you adjusted your lighting, avoided showing your teeth, or found yourself sitting far away from the camera so your teeth don’t take center stage? No one should feel this uncomfortable communicating online, especially if your job depends on it.
If you’re self-conscious about the condition of your teeth whether you’re in front of another person or there is only a screen between you, that’s a sign it’s time to make a change. Find out what kind of smile makeover is right for you. Chances are, you can make some major dental changes between now and the dawn of a no-mask world that will boost your confidence and make you feel like a brand new you.
Imagine the joy of being able to take off the masks for good – and reveal a new, flawless smile underneath. Schedule a consultation with Fort Lauderdale dentist Dr. Charmaine Johnson at Premier Smile Center to discuss cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and more.